Year 1 Curriculum Spring 2
Amazing Body! Amazing Planet!
Areas of learning
- As geographers we will investigate different habitats and compare these in different continents.
- As scientists we will look at seasonal changes. Identify and investigate different body parts. Explore our different senses.
- As artists we will explore different materials and how we can manipulate them to achieve different effects e.g. scrunching, twisting and weaving.
- As theologians we will learn about Sikhism and Easter!
- As dancers we will perform dances with simple movements
- The children will research and find out information about endangered animals.
- The children will be looking how to look after our planet by recycling.
Spiritual & Moral
- The children will learn strategies to develop growth mindset.
- The children will find out more about their local area and suggest improvements that could be made.