Year 1 Curriculum Spring
Once upon a time
Areas of learning
- As historians we will discover facts about Kings and Queens.
- As scientists we will look at materials and their properties.
- As designers we will design and build castles
- As theologians we will learn about Buddhism
- As gymnasts we will develop balance, agility and co-ordination
- As computer scientists we will instruct a programmable toy to move around maps
Design and make castles working in groups.
Look at how we can recycle different materials.
Spiritual & Moral
- Morals found in traditional stories. Sharing materials and working as a team. Self confidence and ‘sticking at it’.
- Learning about different beliefs within our communities.