Year 1 Curriculum Summer
Seeds and Soil
Areas of learning
- As geographers we will explore maps and discover countries and continents around the world.
- As scientists we will observe different plants carefully, using magnifying glasses, looking at their structure.
- As artists and designers we will use printing and textiles to create African bunting and finger puppets
- As theologians we will learn about the Buddhism and traditions that Buddhists practise.
- As athletes we will learn master basic movements ready for Sports Day.
Cooking and Nutrition
- We will learn the basic principles of a healthy and varied diet to help us cook.
- We will learn how to take care of the environment by looking after plants and flowers.
- We will learn about our rights and responsibilities and how to cooperate in a group.
- We are learning about other countries in the world and finding out what makes a community.
To download a copy of the above information please click on the document below:
For more detailed subject planning information please download the document below: