Year 2 Curriculum Summer 1
Where are we going and how will we get there?
Areas of learning
- As historians we will find out about past and present events in our own lives and begin to think about the future.
- As scientists we will investigate objects and materials by using all of our senses. We will ask questions about why things happen and how things work.
- As geographers we will observe, find out about and identify features in the place we live and the natural world.
- As artists we will use our imagination in art and design, music, dance, imaginative and role-play and stories
- As sociologists we will develop our understanding that people have different needs, views, cultures and beliefs, which need to be treated with respect.
As successful learners we will be:
- playing and exploring
- be active in our learning
- be creating and thinking critically
We will also explore our interests and use them to further our learning.
- To become increasingly independent to navigate our learning and development.
- To explore, identify and investigate different places and environments.
Spiritual & Moral
- To develop respect and understanding of our own culture and those of other people.
- To develop an understanding of our place in school and the wider society