Welcome To Year 3
- Roma Shanmugam, Teacher 3S
- Sabreena Bhawon, Teacher 3B
- Shireen Baker, Teaching Assistant
- Ashifa Sumar, Teaching Assistant
- Sam Smith, Teaching Assistant
- Ornella Power, Teaching Assistant
- Louise Gunter, Teaching Assistant
- Simone Scott, Teaching Assistant
- Nita Shah, Teaching Assistant
We are really looking forward to working with you and your child this year.
Dates for your diary
Cake Sale Dates
- 3S: 8 November 2019
- 3B: 6 March 2020
Class Assembly Dates
- 3S: 18 October 2019
- 3B: 7 February 2020
Please note P.E. days for Year 3 are Monday and Thursdays. Please ensure your child has the correct named kit in school at all times.
- A reminder that if children are wearing earrings these should only be studs and not hoops.
- Stud earrings will be covered with tape during PE lessons for safety.
- Long hair must be tied up at all times including during PE.
- Children will visit the main school library on Thursdays.
- Please ensure they have the books they have borrowed on this day if they would like to change them
In Year 3, children will receive a home learning grid at the start of every half term. This will include a range of activities to complete over the half term. Although the activities are optional, we do encourage the children to complete as many as they can.
- Once they have completed an activity we would be delighted for them to bring their finished piece into school so that your child can share their creation with the class.
- The home learning grid for Autumn 1 will be sent home in their homework books.
- In addition to these home learning activities, your child will continue to bring home the ‘Good Times Challenge’ and spellings to practise.
At the beginning of the year, children will be given a reading book at their appropriate level. They can then take this book home and return it to school when they have finished it.
- We recommend that children read for at least 10-15 minutes each night and you and your child can record what they have read in their reading diary.
- Discussing your child’s reading with them is important and comprehension continues to be a focus in Year 3. We also welcome children bringing in books from home if they wish.
- Children will also access the library once a week, taking a book home and returning it the following week.
- If you would like to listen to children read, please contact the class teacher. We would be delighted to hear from you.
- We will continue with school diaries this year and the children are now in an established routine of writing down their favourite part of the day. We ask that children return this diary to school each day so that they have it in class to complete
Our Year 3 ‘Learn On-Demand’ videos will be available throughout the year. To access these videos, use the credentials in the welcome letter
- The school gates open at 8.30 am. Adults should supervise their children until the class doors open at 8.45 am.
- Children will free flow into class from 8:45 am and will complete a morning activity. Please ensure your child is in school on time for registration at 9.00 am.
- If you would like to be a class rep, your class teacher will be very pleased to hear from you. Each class normally has two class reps that will take the lead in organising the class cake sales and other events.
- Children may choose to bring their own fruit/vegetable snack which can be eaten during morning break. Please remember that we are a healthy and nut-free school.
- Please ensure that your child’s teacher has any relevant medication and that this medication is up-to-date.
- If you would like to volunteer to help support us during our school trip, please see the office to complete a DBS check. We need parents to help in order to run these trips so would be grateful for any assistance.
- We hope your child will find their time in Year 3 both exciting and rewarding. If you have any issues or concerns about your child do not hesitate to contact us.
Autumn 1 2019
Autumn 2 2019
Spring 1 2019
Spring 2 2019
Autumn Term 2018