Welcome To Year 4
- Theresa Fletcher, Teacher 4F
- Jacquie Day, Teacher 4D
- Shireen Baker, Teaching Assistant
- Ashifa Sumar, Teaching Assistant
- Sam Smith, Teaching Assistant
- Ornella Power, Teaching Assistant
- Louise Gunter, Teaching Assistant
- Simone Scott, Teaching Assistant
- Nita Shah, Teaching Assistant
We are looking forward to getting to know all the children and developing a supportive relationship with you. They are all settling in well and starting to know the new routines. We anticipate an exciting term ahead, full of stimulating topics such as “The Tudors” and “Living Things”.
We would like to invite you to the Year 4 Curriculum Morning where you will have the opportunity of meeting the teachers and finding out what we have planned this year.
- This will be from 9.05 am on Wednesday 18th September.
- We look forward to meeting as many as can make it.
- If you are unable to make this date and have any questions about the curriculum and the upcoming year, please ask for the information booklet when you collect your children at the end of the day.
Thank you to those parents who have already mentioned that they are happy to help as Parent Representatives this year. You provide a very valuable role. If you haven’t done so already please do introduce yourselves to the class teacher so they know who you are.
Good Times Challenge
We will be continuing with the Good Times Challenge. The GTC sheet will be sent out on Friday for your child to practise in preparation for their timed test on Wednesday.
- There will be many exciting events and trips planned for this year:
- A trip to a Palace and ‘Tudor Day’ in the Autumn term.
- There will be visitors to the school including Mexicolore.
- There will be an opportunity for children to learn to play a brass instrument during the latter part of the year.
- This service will be provided by Richmond Music Service during the school day.
- As per last year, the school will provide each child with a diary.
- This contains lots of useful information about the school and exciting facts.
- The children will be given the opportunity at the end of every day to write something about their day at school.
- They will then bring their diaries home for you to look at.
- Please, can you ensure that they are bringing them to school with them every day.
We will be continuing with the same set up for home learning. Your child will be given, at the start of each half term, a sheet with a selection of home learning projects for them to do and then bring to school when finished.
- These will continue to be optional.
- The list of tasks can also be found on the website.
- In addition, your child will receive weekly spellings that we will test on a Friday.
Swimming will start on 17th September. These are the times for each class:
• 4F – Tuesday 11.30 – 12.00
• 4D – Tuesday 2.00 – 2.30
Please ensure your child comes with the correct swimming attire and no jewellery (please remove for the day).
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to speak to us at the end of the day. We hope the children have an enjoyable and successful year.
Spring Term 2019
Autumn Term 2018