Year 4 Spring Curriculum
To Boldly Go…
Areas of learning
- As historians, we will be learning about the Aztecs and how their civilisation shaped modern Mexico.
- As geographers, we will be learning about the different continents and the countries within them.
- As scientists, we will be investigating how matter changes its state. Also, we will be understanding how sound is created.
- As artists, we will be designing, imagining and presenting new ideas of planets, landscapes and alien life forms.
- As writers, we will develop our ability to use adjectives and figurative language and similes to describe settings effectively, In science fiction. We will also develop our understanding of how to construct a story with suspense and intrigue.
Cooking and Nutrition
We will be considering how altering states of matter is inherent to the processes of cooking and food production.
We will be studying how natural and man-made sounds are created and their impact on our environment.
Spiritual & Moral
When studying the European exploration of the New World we will consider the impact on the indigenous peoples.