Year 4 Curriculum Summer
Areas of learning
- As scientists at teeth and digestion and changing states of solids liquids and gases.
- As readers we will recognize that every story involves a change of some kind; we will look at story structures. Stories from different cultures, different environments and stories with issues.
- As geographers, we will be studying Brazil, finding out about Fairtrade and chocolate
Cooking and Nutrition
We will be creating our chocolate treat with Fair Trade ingredients.
- We will understand how the use of Fair Trade goods can have an impact on the environment. We will also be looking at Brazil and how destruction of the Amazon rainforest has worldwide implications.
Spiritual & Moral
We will be discussing stories in which characters face dilemmas and have to make difficult choices. We consider why one might choose to change oneself.
- We will making videos about our school community, helping us to understand how communities work.
To download a copy of the above information please click on the document below:
For more detailed subject planning information please download the document below: