Year 5 Curriculum Summer
Areas of learning
- In History, we will continue to study Ancient Greece. We will look at artefacts, the Greek alphabet and important great thinkers.
- As mathematicians, we will reinforce our learning using addition, subtraction, multiplication and division to work through number problems. We will also in part look at topics involving decimals, geometry and measurement.
- In Science, we shall study how different plants live, grow and reproduce.
- In Art, we will view an unnamed painting and will respond to it in a number of different ways. We will lead the learning
Food and Nutrition
- The children will continue to cook nutritiously healthy foods during the carousel of activities.
- The children will monitor growth and change as they grow plants in the school grounds.
- We will consider what it means to be part of a community and the roles that people can have within one.
To download a copy of the above information please click on the document below:
For more detailed subject planning information please download the document below: