Welcome To Year 6
- Kate McDonald, Teacher 6M
- Annie McIntosh, Teacher 6MC
- Shireen Baker, Teaching Assistant
- Ashifa Sumar, Teaching Assistant
- Sam Smith, Teaching Assistant
- Ornella Power, Teaching Assistant
- Louise Gunter, Teaching Assistant
- Simone Scott, Teaching Assistant
- Nita Shah, Teaching Assistant
We hope you had a good summer and that your child will settle quickly and happily into Year 6. We look forward to working with you and with your child throughout the year.
Reading books and reading records should be brought to school every day. We hope that your child will maintain a regular reading habit at home and complete at least two in-depth entries per week.
This has been discussed already during lessons. Your child has also been offered the opportunity to participate in the Year 6 Reading Challenge.
This year, class assemblies will take place in the Spring Term as follows:
- 6M: 14th February 2020
- 6Mc: 6th March 2020
Class cake sales are planned as follows:
- 6Mc: 4th October
- 6M: 31st January 2020
- This half term, Year 6 will be taking part in Junior Citizen on Wednesday 2nd October and permission letters will be sent out shortly.
- Cycling training will take place during the week commencing 23rd September. Please return permission slips by Monday 16th September at the latest.
- Children will also be attending the Remembrance Service at Kneller Hall on 11th November. Details will follow nearer the time.
Year 6 will also be visiting Whitton High Street during October as part of their geographical studies. A letter will be sent out with further details.
- Finally, we invite you to the Year 6 Getting to Know You meeting, which has been arranged for Tuesday 24th September at 9.05 am, and we look forward to meeting you then.
We will provide you with an outline of the curriculum we have planned for your child this year and a brief overview of the SATs that they will take in May 2020.
We wish all of you and your children well during this final year at Nelson.