Year 6 Autumn Term Curriculum
Autumn Term – More Questions than Answers
Areas of learning
- As geographers we will explore the topical local issue of traffic in Whitton High Street and consider its impact.
- As scientists we will investigate the benefits of leading a healthy lifestyle through practical experimentation and analysis of data.
- Within computing we will create geotrails by exploiting the use of audio-visual media.
- We will recognise that the opinions of others are to be treated respectfully.
- We will undertake roles of responsibility within the school community.
- We will use the question ‘Does Whitton High Street meet the needs to the local community?’ to initiate further discussion about this and other local environmental issues.
Spiritual & Moral
- Through class discussion arising from literacy, science and geography topics we will consider questions for which there are a range of opinions and no definitive answers.
- We will recognise and appreciate the beauty of Whitton High Street and reflect upon its significance within the local community whilst showing respect for a range of viewpoints.