Year 6 Curriculum Summer Term
Areas of learning
- As geographers we will find out about the continent of South America and the countries that form it. We will discover the different landscapes and climates there including rainforests and natural disasters.
- As scientists we will explore concepts of evolution and inheritance, identifying how animals and plants are adapted to suit their environment.
- Within computing we will create our own year book pages and create adverts that promote anti-bullying.
We will consider how to be well prepared for our move to secondary school.
- We will use videos and online research to explore what a rainforest looks and feels like. We will also learn about plants which live within the rainforests and the environmental impact of deforestation.
Spiritual & Moral
- We will consider the competing uses of land and the difficulty of making the right decision.
- We will look at ways that we can conserve and preserve our local environment for the benefit of all living things. We will investigate the concept of ‘fair trade’.
For more detailed subject planning information please download the document below: