Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural
What is SMSC?
Judging the quality of education provided in school. Four areas:
- Achievement of pupils
- Quality of teaching
- Behaviour and safety of pupils
- Quality of leadership and management
- The spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of pupils
- Meeting needs of the whole range of pupils at the school, and in particular the needs of: Pupils who have a disability and pupils who have SEN&D
SMSC at Nelson
At Nelson our Social, Moral, Spiritual and Cultural needs are supported through a varied and creative curriculum.
- Mind up
- Religious Education
- Power of Reading Scheme in English
- Nelson Learning Challenges
- Forest School