Aims, Vision & Values
Our aim is to give each child the best preparation for life in a changing environment, promoting the values for continual learning, tolerance and respect for self and others.
We have an over-arching vision, set out below;
‘Nurturing One Another, Discovering Together,
We are committed to helping children become life-long learners by developing transferable skills to equip them to succeed in the 21st century. We believe that every child can fulfil their potential and are committed to children’s wider well-being by:
- developing a love and enjoyment of learning, forming friendships and leaving with fond memories of Nelson
- inspiring each child to become an effective learner and achieve the highest educational standards that they possibly can
- valuing children, supporting them to become happy, confident, self motivated and organised
- enabling children to achieve their full potential through engaging with a broad, balanced and challenging curriculum
- encouraging children to develop a moral compass and contribute positively within the school and wider community
- fostering an inclusive approach so that everyone has access to all the school has to offer
- providing a happy, safe and secure environment in which every child is valued as an individual and can thrive and succeed
- recognising and nurturing each child’s individual talents
- promoting the importance of a healthy, active lifestyle and emotional well-being
- providing excellent teaching from confident, motivated and committed staff
- working in partnership with staff, parents, governors and the wider community to enable each child to achieve their full potential in learning and development
Our moral code
Nelson is implementing a strong set of moral codes that all of our children embrace. Values such as respect, honesty and perseverance are emphasised within the classroom and good behaviour is positively reinforced. Pupils develop good relationships with their teachers and their peers. They understand that supporting one another, regardless of their age, gender or background is an important aspect of school life.
Each month we focus on a different value.