In Year Admissions

Applying for a school place during the academic year

If you have recently moved locally and require a school place for your child, you can apply for an in-year primary school place.

If you would like your child to transfer to another school for any reason, you should discuss this with the headteacher at your child’s current school. This is because a child’s education usually benefits most when they have continuity of teaching and learning in the same school. This also ensures that their present headteacher is fully aware of your reasons for wanting to transfer them and has the opportunity to discuss this with you.

If you would like to move your child within the Richmond Borough, you’ll need to complete and return an in year application form, please see the link below. You will be able to name Nelson School as one of your preferences.

http://Richmond In year Admissions